Saturday, April 7, 2018

Cover Page: FINAL

         I have been working on my cover page all week and I think I'm finally finished/happy with how it turned out!  My cover page has definitely evolved since I started editing it.  I started with editing the few photo choices I had on Adobe Lightroom, using the preset I made for my photos.  Editing the photos made a HUGE difference, I was worried that I would have to do another photo shoot for my cover page but my pictures turned out better than I expected!!  This was the before and this was the after:



          I love how my cover page turned out, it looks exactly like I had originally envisioned it.  After spending some time editing my cover page photo I was finally able to move onto actually editing it to look like a magazine cover.  I used Adobe Photoshop to edit this photo into my magazine cover and was super happy with the results.  My cover page started out super plain, and I didn't even put my cover line because I didn't really like how crowded the text looked on the page but then I started to play around with the text, I even looked on Pinterest for some ideas.  This was my first cover page:


Then I looked Pinterest and found this:


I really liked this cover, so I tried using similar techniques for my cover page and this is how it turned out:


I was super happy with this cover and I thought for sure that this one would be it, but I talked to a few people and realized the circle on the bottom made my magazine look like a magazine you would see in line at the grocery story and I totally agreed.  I want my magazine to be an upscale beauty magazine that is found at the bookstore, so that was definitely not what I was going for.  I then changed my cover to this:


I completely scrapped the whole exclusive makeup thing on the side, I also bolded and changed the color of my main cover line.  I really liked this cover, but wasn't too happy with it because the main cover line was still pretty hard to read.  One of the people I talked to told me to darken the area the text is lying on top of, so I tried it and it worked out better than I thought it would.  This is my official cover:


I really like how this cover turned out and I love seeing how it evolved from when I started to  where it is now.  My next step is my table of contents so I need to edit those photos so I can start editing them together, using Adobe Photoshop once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment