Saturday, April 14, 2018

Double Page Spread: FINAL

After changing my idea to a more simplistic layout then what I originally had in mind, I was able to complete my double page spread with no problem.  I am glad that I decided to switch my idea because I feel like a more simplistic design helps keep the reader's attention on the article entirely.  I had some issues with finding a font that I liked, but I ended using a classic, Times New Roman.  This font is super sleek and simple, exactly what I was going for.  The only issue that I had with my double page spread is deciding on what picture I wanted to use.  I originally took around eight photos for my double page spread and after editing/looking at them again I was able to narrow it down to three pictures.




I really liked the photos with the fake flowers because it tied in with my cover page, but I also liked the simplicity of the aerial shot of the makeup palette.  After a few minutes of still deciding I came to the conclusion that I should pick the third photo because my double page spread is already going to be simplistic, with a black and white design.  After deciding on what photo I wanted to use, I edited it for my double page spread.


I brightened up the photo, which gave it a much sleeker and clean look which matched my spread perfectly.  After editing my photo, I started to design my spread around it, pulling colors from this photo to be used in the spread, and this is how it turned out:


I made the title to my double page spread very similar to my masthead because I wanted my magazine to be cohesive (also why I chose the picture with the flowers).  I'm really happy with how my double page spread came out, especially after I ended up changing my layout pretty last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment