Thursday, April 5, 2018

My Double Page Spread Article/Photo Shoot

          During my photo shoot for my table of contents, I also took photos for my double page spread.  My double page spread is an add on to my cover page, and my main cover line so I wanted these photos to be cohesive with the cover page photo and my article.  As I was taking photos, my idea for my double page spread layout changed, and I now want to go with a much simpler idea with fewer photos.  I'm taking inspiration from this picture that i found on Pinterest.



       I like how the whole page on the left is just a photo, so I'm thinking the same for my double page spread.  I'm imagining my double page spread to be simplistic, being all white and simple black font so the colors in my photo will standout against the rest of the spread.  I want the reader's eye to be attracted to the picture so that's the first thing they see as a representation of what the article is about.  I am still considering adding other small photos on the page with the text, but I don't think I'll make that decision until I start editing my pages together.  These are some of the photos that I took for my double page spread:










I'm leaning toward one of the pictures at the top since they have the fake flowers like the cover does, so they tie in together.  I'll have to edit these photos to get rid of the yellow tint from the artificial light I used, so hopefully that will make my decision easier when choosing which photo I should use for my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment