Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Yay! Scheduling! And even more planning!


          I want to plan my project accordingly since I want to be on track with my work.  I’m going to try and get my supplies soon for my magazine cover, but I first need to think of how I want to go about it.

Week 2/26- research/planning

Week 3/5- planning/layout drawing

Week 3/12- planning/layout ideas/magazine 

Week 3/19-Get supplies for project/production

Week 3/26- production/editing

Week 4/2-production/editing

Week 4/14- Project is due

          My schedule might end up changing depending on how much I get done each week.  I am trying to work ahead so I have more than enough time to take the pictures for my magazine spread and to edit the photos/make the magazine spread.  To get more inspiration for my magazine layout because I have no idea where to start, I went on Pinterest and found these:


I really like this table of contents, so I'm totally going to take major inspiration from this when I begin sketching my layout designs and taking pictures for my magazine.  It's definitely the direction I'm going for when I start designing and it will be used as a reference.

I also really love this one as a two page spread.  For my two page spread, I want something like this, I want to focus on the photography of the makeup, or even focus on an up and coming beauty vlogger.


But, for this type of spread I could also focus on the photography of the makeup and also write an in-depth article, so I think I am leaning towards this type of spread for my final product.  I think this one has a pretty even balance of pictures and article which is want I want to go for.


But I also like the simplicity of this magazine spread, and the geometric shapes included in the design.  If I do go for this type of spread, I can have my background picture of spilled makeup or something along those lines.  Another website that really helped me get inspiration for my magazine spread was Wedding + Photography + Design.  It had a bunch of different spread ideas, even one makeup related!

I love this idea for an article in my magazine and I'm thinking I could do something like it but with eyeshadows or something like that. All of these two page spreads are making think of what kind of layout I want for my magazine, so I'm hoping I can make my final decision of how my layout will look by my next blog post. 

Citations:

46 Creative Magazine Spread Design Layout Ideas For Your Page. (n.d.). Retrieved March 06, 2018, from http://weddingphotography.com.ph/7238/46-creative-magazine-spread-design-layout-ideas-page/

Pinterest. (n.d.). Retrieved March 06, 2018, from https://www.pinterest.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment