Thursday, March 8, 2018

My Layout Design


          We’re finally here! I’m very excited to start creating my magazine spread, so this is the icing on the cake for blogging this week.  I have so many ideas and now I have to translate them into one singular design.  My design will make or break my spread, so I want to make it perfect, cohesive, and a clear representation of the genre I’m going for.  In my last blog post, I researched a bunch of different two page spreads so that at this point I could be knowledgable and inspired.  



          There are so many different ways I can go about this, so I’m putting in as much thought as I can into this so I don’t have to come back and redo my spread completely when I’m taking my pictures. This is not the greatest drawing of what I’m imagining, but it does the job and I think it gets across exactly what I want my magazine too look like.  



          My main image on the cover page will have a model with a blush contour (which is what my main cover line is and my main article) that has fake flowers in her hair with a pink backdrop.  I want it to be super girly and fun since this entire magazine is about makeup.  Since I was inspired by an Allure magazine, this issue is going to be “The Blush Issue” so my magazine is going to mainly focus around blush products, this is also why I’m sticking to a pink theme.  



          From my last blog post, I used one of the two page spread examples as inspiration for my table of contents and I’m super happy with how it turned out and I can’t wait until it comes to life.  My table of contents features the titles of all my articles, with my text being bigger based off of what article is more important (my main cover line is going to have the biggest text), and the background being different types of makeup products, some open and some even broken (and that is going to be so fun to break for my photo shoot!).  



          My two page magazine spread is going to my main cover line about blush contour.  I’m going to use pictures similar to the one that is going to be on the front cover to keep my magazine cohesive, since it is focusing on only one topic.  In this article, I’m going to write about pros and cons, recommend products to achieve the look, and more once I start writing the article for the spread.  Overall, I don’t think my magazine spread ideas are going to change, I’m going to try to follow my sketch as closely as I can when I start shooting.


Citations:

Newman, J., Lampen, C., Migala, J., Fetters, K. A., Woerner, A., Hilmantel, R., . . . Roberts, K. (n.d.). Judith Newman. Retrieved March 08, 2018, from https://www.womenshealthmag.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment