Saturday, March 10, 2018

Details!


          Now that I know what genre my magazine is, how my magazine is going to look, and my production schedule, I want to finish up last minute details before I get supplies for my shoot.  In my last blog post, I reviewed my ideas for how I want my magazine spread to look and how I wanted my photos to be framed.  This week, I’m going to practice taking the type of pictures that I want, so when I shoot for real, I know exactly how to do it.  I want to make sure that I am able to execute my ideas no problem, so I’m going to play with angles and lighting.  
          I was researching the best types of lighting for these types of shoots, and high-key lighting was listed as the best method to go for.  Also, natural lighting is key for these types of shoots, so I’m going to try to be in front of a window for my shoot (or maybe even shoot outside). I also have a ring light at home, so I’m going to try to implement that into my shoot so I can decide between natural or artificial lighting for my official photo shoot.  If I do use artificial light, according to Popular Photography, diffusion is key to make the lighting softer and span across a wider ranger. With the practice pictures that I’m going to take, I’m also going to practice using Adobe Lightroom, I haven’t used it before but I really want to learn so I can use it to edit my pictures.  I am going to use Digital Trends as a reference when I start practicing editing pictures in case I need help with something Adobe Lightroom related.
          I also want to make a clear list of what supplies that I want/need for my shoot.  As I said in my last blog post, I want to go with a pink backdrop, and I think this is the pink I want to use.  I am going to try to find a pink poster board like this color.


          I also want to use fake flowers for my photo shoot, but I'm thinking that I should pick those at the store, especially if they don't have the flower I'm looking for.  I want the flowers to be white, red,  and a golden yellow.  Those are the colors that I can envision, but when I go out to buy my supplies, I might find another color to add to the list.  Other than that, I'm pretty sure I have all the supplies I need for this photo shoot.  I'm super excited to practice my pictures this week and I'm hoping that they come out exactly how I want them to, maybe even tweak them just a little to make sure their perfect.  Before my practice photo shoot, I am going to practice with Adobe Lightroom a little more so I'm prepared to edit my actual photos.  I'm crossing my fingers that this turns out well!



Citations:

W. (2018, February 23). How to Do a Professional Looking Photo Shoot at Home. Retrieved March 08, 2018, from https://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Professional-Looking-Photo-Shoot-at-Home

The Top 10 Photography Lighting Facts You Should Know. (n.d.). Retrieved March 08, 2018, from https://www.popphoto.com/gallery/top-10-photography-lighting-facts-you-should-know#page-4

Thurston, A. (2017, October 21). How to use Lightroom: A beginners guide to Adobes photo editing software. Retrieved March 08, 2018, from https://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/how-to-use-lightroom/


No comments:

Post a Comment