Monday, March 12, 2018

Practicing the Shoot


          For this photo shoot, I didn’t get any supplies because I only want to practice my angles and lighting.  I am only going to practice for the pictures for my front cover and my main cover line since the cover picture is the first thing people see when they see the magazine, I want it to be perfect.  Today, I laid out my shoot and started snapping away.  These are the different angles I used, and I’m thinking the aerial shot is my favorite for the front cover picture.





          After practicing angles, I started to practice with lighting.  Lighting is super important for my front cover because it is showcasing what my main cover line is about.  I first tried with just natural lighting.  I was in my living room which has four different windows, and I shot in the middle of the room.  




I then moved closer to the windows, shooting in front of the sliding glass doors.  I really like how this picture turned out, but I don’t know if I want it as my cover photo. 



         I then tried the ring light, and wow, it is so bright.  I tried the ring light with and without the diffuser (the diffuser gave the photos a pretty soft glow, like the article I read said it would).  I definitely wouldn’t use the ring light without the diffuser because it washed out the photo and was just way too bright.





         I’m super happy with how this practice shoot turned out, and now I have edit the photos I took today to make them look like how I want them to look for the official photo shoot.  Wish me luck, I have never used Adobe Lightroom before so I am hoping this doesn’t turn into a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment