Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Adobe Lightroom- My Arch Nemesis


          After practicing both lighting and angles, I put my favorite photos in Adobe Lightroom and started editing them to look like the aesthetic I’m trying to go for.  The beginning was super rough… I didn’t really know how to sue the software, even after practicing it a few days before with some sample pictures.  I tried so hard to make the pictures look how I wanted them to, but I was struggling so much.  I watched a few youtube videos from Photos in Color,  and bai.  I also read some more articles from Adobe and from PetaPixel. I now I am kind of understanding how to edit a photo.  Let me tell you, this process was very stressful, but I was able to make it through with the help of these tutorials.
          But once I got the hang of it, my pictures were turning out well.  I have to say, Adobe Lightroom is a really good photo editing software.  I loved all of the color corrections I could make, the filters I could put on my photos, and the presets were so helpful!  I definitely made the right decision in choosing this software to edit my magazine spread photos even though it took me a while to learn how to use it.





          I also learned a how to make my own preset from Digital Photography School, so I’ll be using this preset for my actual pictures from my official photo shoot.  



I am super in love with this setting on Adobe Lightroom, and for each picture I just have to adjust a few settings to make it look exactly how I want it to.  How easy?! This photo editing software was very stressful to learn but the end product was definitely worth it.  I can’t wait for my official photoshoot so I can edit my photos using my preset! 



Citations:


How to Create Your Own Lightroom Presets. (2015, April 02). Retrieved March 08, 2018, from https://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-create-your-own-lightroom-presets/

Lightroom CC tutorials. (n.d.). Retrieved March 11, 2018, from https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/tutorials.html

Here's a Free Tutorial on Lightroom CC for Beginners. (2017, October 30). Retrieved March 11, 2018, from https://petapixel.com/2017/10/30/heres-free-tutorial-lightroom-cc-beginners/

No comments:

Post a Comment