Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Debate Between Print and Digital

          Now that I have an idea of what I want for my magazine, the next step is to research different distribution methods.  Before I start researching different distribution trends, I'm thinking that I definitely want my magazine to be mostly print.  I do want to include some digital aspects for my magazine, like exclusive articles on the magazines website and stuff like that.  I want to think of different ideas to hit both aspects of print and digital magazines.  On the website, Linkedin, it said that magazines are pretty much the only printed product to survive.  I want to stay true to the original magazine, so that is why I'm going to mostly stick with just print, but still have a website to keep up with millennials in this day and age.
          Another article I found on flipsnackblog discusses the pros and cons of digital and print magazines.  This article has definitely helped my decision of going with print instead of digital.  For my magazine, I picture it being a subscription magazine, where every month, readers get a tangible copy of the magazine.  I want to keep the trend of print magazines going, and I think for my audience range, it's a better idea to mostly stick with print.
         Also, a study that I found from Forbes shows that print magazines keep the attention span of a consumer more so than a digital copy of the magazine.  I want my audience to read my magazine entirely and thoroughly, another reason why I am sticking to print for my magazine.


          After reading all of these different articles, I have come to my conclusion for the distribution of my magazine.  My magazine will be printed, but have exclusive articles and interviews on the magazines website.  I want a combination of both because with the changing times and trends, I want my magazine to be prepared if print slowly goes away, moving into digital magazines.




Citations:

Voss, M. (2015, November 22). Why Magazines May Be The Only Printed Product To Survive The Digital Age. Retrieved March 22, 2018, from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-magazines-may-only-printed-product-survive-digital-michael-voss

Digital vs print magazines. War or coexistance? (2017, September 01). Retrieved March 22, 2018, from https://blog.flipsnack.com/digital-vs-print-magazines/

Dooley, R. (2016, April 14). Paper Beats Digital In Many Ways, According To Neuroscience. Retrieved March 22, 2018, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerdooley/2015/09/16/paper-vs-digital/#4cc8ea4033c3

No comments:

Post a Comment