Friday, March 2, 2018

Research, Research, and even more Research


          Now that I have chosen my genre for my magazine, I have to figure out what I’m going for and what type of audience I’m making this for, etc, etc.  Choosing a target audience for my magazine spread I think is the most important aspect because I want to know the people I am gearing this magazine towards.  As I research about Elle magazine, it is said that “the vast majority (82 percent) of Elle's audience are women between the ages of 18 and 49.”  My audience will be around the same range, but I think since I’m going for a makeup type of magazine my audience will be geared towards around 18 to 35 year old women.  I have chosen my target audience to be the ages of 18 to 35 because my magazine will have to do with beauty vloggers, new makeup trends (like at New York Fashion Week), and products that are on the rise in beauty stores.  






          I have also found another magazine that I want to take inspiration from, Allure magazine. Both Allure and Elle are magazines that I want to take inspiration from, especially since Allure is more related to beauty then lifestyle.  I like both of these magazines because they are both what I’m trying to go for.  I also really like that Allure has different type of issues, so one of them is called “The Look-Younger Issue”.  



          I really like the idea of having an issue based on a certain topic. I also like how on their website they have articles just about makeup, its something that I will take inspiration from when I make my two page spread.  Everything is still up in the air, but I definitely know what type of direction I am going for, especially with my magazine layout.  


Citations:

ELLE Magazine Publication and Audience Analysis. (n.d.). Retrieved March 02, 2018, from https://www.bartleby.com/essay/ELLE-Magazine-Publication-and-Audience-Analysis-P3TBAN936YYA

Beauty Tips, Trends & Product Reviews. (n.d.). Retrieved March 02, 2018, from https://www.allure.com/

Arts), E. C. (1970, January 01). Skyla Arts: Makeup | Hair | Skincare. Retrieved March 02, 2018, from http://skyla-arts.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment