Saturday, March 31, 2018

Why I Chose Natural Light Over Artificial (Cover Page)

          For my cover page photo shoot, I decided early on that I would use natural lighting for my pictures when I did my practice photo shoot.  I definitely made the right decision because I used good old window lighting for my cover page photo and it turned out really nice. It made the colors of the flowers and background stand out, and it created the perfect shadows to make the flowers look three dimensional.  



Just in case, I did try a few pictures with flash to see if I liked that better than natural lighting (which I didn't) but I'm glad that I tested it just in case.


The flash just accentuated the wrong things in the photo, it darkened the look and colors of the flowers, emphasizing that the flowers were fake.  It also darkened the photo immensely which I did not like at all.  I want my cover page photo to be fun and bright, attracting the eye.  After comparing both natural light and artificial light, I can see a big difference between the two and I'mm glad I went with natural lighting as I had originally planned for the photo.  The lighting of the photo makes much more of a drastic difference than I thought it would, especially between natural and artificial.  With my table of contents and double page spread photos, I might have to use artificial lighting to get the look I want but I haven't started shooting for it yet.  Now onto the last of my photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment